We Need Your Support
Donations are tax deductible and you will receive a charitable tax receipt for 100% of your gift.
Support CCD's work on the Carter case: Help To Live Not Die.
Sign Up for a Voice of Our Own
A quarterly newsletter from CCD.
For more information on the topics addressed by CCD's International Development Committee, consult the following sites:
- UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- The Secretariat for the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) shares information on the CRPD and serves as a clearinghouse on disability issues.
- Canadian International Development Agency
- CIDA supports sustainable development activities in order to reduce poverty and to contribute to a more secure, equitable and prosperous world.
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada
- Foreign Affairs shares information about Canada's role in the world.
- Canadian Council for International Cooperation
- The Canadian Council for International Co-operation (CCIC) is a coalition of about 100 Canadian organizations working for the elimination of poverty in Canada and overseas.
- Disabled Peoples' International
- CCD is the Canadian member of Disabled Peoples' International (DPI), an international human rights organization of people with disabilities.
- Mines Action Canada
- Mines Action Canada provides information about landmines and what is being done to address this humanitarian crisis.
Canada signs the Declaration on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities at the United Nations. Members of the Canadian Delegation Steve Estey, Chair of CCD’s International Committee, and Dulcie McCallum observe Canada’s ambassador make this historic commitment.