The Government of Canada is leading consultations to inform planned accessibility legislation.
In-person sessions are coming soon to your community. Now is the chance to have your say. Read more.
Sign Up for a Voice of Our Own
A quarterly newsletter from CCD.
For more information on the topics addressed by CCD's Transportation Committee, consult the following sites:
- Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA)
- The CTA is a regulatory agency with the authority to require transportation service providersÃ‘air, rail, marineÃ‘to remove undue obstacles to the mobility of persons with disabilities.
- CTA Codes of Practice
- The Codes of Practice describe aspects of accessibility for transportation providers.
- Transport Canada
- Transport Canada is the Federal Government department responsible for developing regulations and policies for the national transportation network.
- Accessible Transportation Unit
- This component of Transport Canada develops policies to promote accessible transportation without undue obstacles to mobility.
- Intercity Bus Code of Practice
- This voluntary Code of Practice for the intercity bus industry includes a complaint process and mediation.
CCD wins VIA Rail case at the Supreme Court of Canada on March 23, 2007.